Sunday, January 22, 2012

Portfolio Site: Milton Glaser

Remembering Milton Glaser talk in a documentary about how designs could act as a service to the world around attracts me to his work. It is evidence that design can have a direct and practical influence on the world around us. A reminder to look for problems where I can offer a design solution (examples: color coding prescriptions, store layouts, I love NY). This website is very clearly organized with a grid layout & labeled tabs/links. I appreciate that it is uncluttered, but am almost visually bored with so much white space. The clear organization & navigation could be applied for my site. The predominantly white space with gray & red accents wouldn't seem appropriate to display/accentuate my work. I am a fan of simplicity, but don't think it would give an image of being contemporary or edgy.




No comments:

Post a Comment